Saturday 7 July 2012

My Cheeky Duty Free Purchase

Evening ladies,

I've just returned from my week away in the beautiful south-east of Gran Canaria and thought I would share with you what I have to show for my 5 hours in duty free (my flight was delayed - whoops!).

During the time I waited I met my perfect lipstick: matte, smooth, dusty-pink and all in beautiful Chanel packaging.


It's from the Rouge Allure Velvet collection in La Raffinée, which according to Google Translate means 'refined' ... and boy do I feel refined when I wear it! 







Swatch without flash:
above - applied once
below - applied twice
Swatch with flash:
same as above picture

On the lips



I'm totally in love with this, although it was a bit pricey even with the duty free discount (RRP £25.00) I really don't mind paying it once in a blue moon for the amazing quality that Chanel offers in it's lipsticks. If you like matte lippy like me then make your way down to the Chanel counter ASAP because this texture is exactly what it says on the tin - it feels like velvet on your lips and is truly unique in that respect. It's not too drying and even the wear is incredible, it lasts most of the day and even when it rubs of it leaves a beautiful stain to the lips. Not to mention this colour is to die for. 

What are some of your favourite matte lipsticks?

Hollie x

ps. yes I did take these photos on the plane  - I was excited! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a lovely shade! I tend to go for more neutral lips but this looks so healthy and pretty x

    josieowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the lovely comment you left on my blog :)
    I love this lip colour, alot.

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete