Sunday 9 September 2012

Blistex Intensive Moisturiser Review

Hi again!

I hate sounding so over-enthusiastic about everything I write about on this blog, but I'm not coming across a lot of stuff I don't like lately, so sorry about that. Anyway, this is just a quick post about a new staple in my "beauty regime", which i'll admit is rather lacking at the minute due to my time at the gym and flouncing about bare-faced in the sunshine. I picked up this Blistex 'lip moisturiser' in the airport on my recent trip to Mallorca from Boots as I my lips were getting quite badly chapped and I wanted something with an SPF to protect them from the sun (this one is SPF 10) which was as moisturising as physically possible. Since then (for about two weeks) I've been putting it on every night after cleansing my face before bedtime and whenever my lips have felt dry throughout the day, and I have to say that it's really helped. I've often used hoards of Vaseline,Carmex, Chapstick and the like on my lips in the past but nothing has ever really done as much for me as this has, maybe it's the routine of putting it on that's helping but the others just seemed more greasy to me than moisturising in comparison to this one, it's in the name I guess! It feels more balmy if that makes sense, It sinks in but doesn't leave a greasy residue.

Blistex Intensive Moisturiser   5g ★ £2.59 from Boots

It's minty in flavour and smell and depending on the amount you put on it either looks clear on your lips or lightens them slightly as the solution is white in colour - I like the way this gives a  baby pink tone to my lips which are usually somewhat darker. The main thing I have noticed with this product, though, is how much fuller and plumper my lips look since I've been using it, especially when I wake up in the morning. It makes sense that properly moisturising your lips would have a plumping effect on them, but I've never had this experience with any other lip-moisturising product before?




This is how my lips are looking lately, and compared to how they looked in my previous Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet post I think I can see a difference, especially in the size of my top lip! 

What are your favourite products for keeping your lips in nice condition? Has anyone else noticed that their lips are fuller after keeping them moisturised properly?

Hollie x


No comments:

Post a Comment